The Way to Navigate Car Crash Cases in North Carolina and Position Yourself for Compensation
I will be honest, I have seen my fair share of automobile accidents (largely in my teens and early twenties), and from”found my fair share”I mean around three.
My first accident was decided to be my fault by the police officer and rightly so as I ran into another car, for *drumroll please*…After too tightly, and breaking too late…. The front portion of my 1999 Nissan Altima was entirely totaled (and it was a wonder that the car was even fixed).
My second accident was a hit and run with a man at a gas station where the other person scraped the side of my 2007 Ford Focus. I didn’t correctly track the license plate numbers, so I had been at a loss.
Lastly, my last car crash involved my 2007 Ford Focus, and as I didn’t understand my first lesson…. I ran into a person AGAIN…. And in a really surreal experience, I watched my car that I worked so hard for, BURN.
I did walk out of all those events unscathed, but I wasn’t fully conscious of the laws set in place that could have paid me in the case of an accident.
Nor was I bright enough to consult with a lawyer.
I WAS CLUELESS…
In 2018 I find myself working on Car Accident Relief, with the intention to answer a few critical questions that you may be having in regard to your automobile accident case.
Now, before we begin here’s a BIG CAVEAT.
The advice on this site is for general information purposes only. This information isn’t meant to create, and receipt or seeing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Thus, please, I recommend you:
- Use this website as a way to inform yourself as to your options
- BUT ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, talk to an lawyer to get the most effective legal advice possible in your situation.
With that being said, you may have a few questions in regard to your accident.
You may be facing accidents and you are not certain why you’re not being completely compensated.
You may be confused as to why you are getting lowball supplies from an insurance company.
As soon as you realize the way the law is structured in North Carolina, then you will be able to see why you are getting your current settlement offers.
The truth of the situation is, you might need an experienced hand on your case, or you might need to bring particular facts into light.
Listed below are a few questions we’ll answer on this page:
- What Should I do Following a Car Accident? Imagine if I had been a Passenger?
- Can I see a doctor after my auto accident? What if I feel OK?
- Do I need an attorney following a car crash? (I wish I understood this concept)
- If I really do need an attorney, what can they do to me?
What Should I do After a Vehicle Accident?
- Contact law enforcement.
- 1 mistake I have often seen posted in social media is that the authorities are never called in an accident. It then turns out that the defendant lies about the details of the crash and then the insurance provider won’t pay for damages.
- With the authorities on the scenethey could write a report that will be used as evidence. The officer will take down names, contact information, provide professional opinions, and compose WHO is responsible.
- Ultimately, these components will help in filing your insurance coverage, determine how the insurance adjuster will proceed forward, and will allow the insurance company to determine fault.
- Seek medical help as soon as possible.
- You never know what injuries you might have sustained, even if you feel no pain straight away. Pain may surface the following day or within three days.
- Get contact information from another driver and witnesses (if any).
- Going past contact information, focus on obtaining the insurance card info of the other driver. You will want to be as detailed as you possibly can further protect yourself.
- If you can, take pictures of the scene. Ensure that you take notes about what occurred while everything is still fresh on your mind.
- All are key details that can fade out in memory if not preserved in some way. This will help your case if you’re able to take photographs.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- you will need to report your injury to your insurer because it’s part of your policy. Do so as swiftly as possible and remember–you are not obligated to provide specifics. DO NOT acknowledge fault or give a recorded statement currently. Await the signs to be made available.
However, what if you were the passenger of the vehicle in an accident???
In this instance, you can submit a claim against the driver of the automobile and/or the driver of any other automobile involved in the crash. If your claim is shown to be legitimate, you could be able to recuperate from the parties.
Should I still see a physician after my auto accident?
In many instances, adrenaline starts to rush throughout the entire body in the event of a car accident. The adrenaline will dull any pain which may arise as a result of an injury.
This is why it’s super critical to see a doctor as soon as possible.
That is also another reason why you want to hold off on telling any insurer what symptoms you may have because you might not believe any.
Whiplash, concussions, and internal bleeding are injuries you could have lasted in an accident, and a physician needs to check up on you to make sure your OK. Otherwise, you’re going to want appropriate medical services to proceed forward.
Do I need a Lawyer Following an automobile Collision?
Seeing as this is Car Accident Relief, you may be expecting a solid yes answer, and while I shall learn toward a yesI am also here to tell you NO. Yes, that’s right you do not always require a car incident attorney, but there are times when you need to consider hiring one…
…For instance, let us say that in your vehicle injury you just totaled your vehicle and you have no injuries. The insurance company might offer you a reasonable settlement to replace your vehicle, and if that is the case proceed. However, if they’re lowballing you then you might want to consider hiring an lawyer.
An example in which we highly urge hiring a lawyer is when you’ve obtained bodily injuries.
The amount of your payout needs to be higher. You need to get checked to see what harms you have, and you’ll have to include a dollar figure in your settlement in case you learn that you will need to continue to visit the doctor.
The actual question here though is,”What can an accident attorney do for me?”
This is the secret.
A skilled accident Lawyer Should be Able do the following:
- They will handle all of : your paperwork, legal procedures, and fulfill the statute of limitations deadline with proficiency. Taking all of the paperwork and negotiations from YOUR picture will allow you to focus on one thing–RECOVERY.
- Work with an investigative team that could handle all of the technical facets of your case. This is not always mandatory, and at times cases are simple. But in more acute case hiring an investigative team in NC can prove your innocence, and/or show why you need to be compensated.
- Objectivity. It’s important to examine a case with facts and not emotions. If you are personally involved in a scenario, it is a lot more challenging to leave all emotions out.
- Communicate effectively with all the insurance’s attorneys. A lawyer will always know what needs to be mentioned to some other attorney. Couple that with understanding of this law, and it’s a good deal less difficult to make the most of a lawyer.
- Maximum Compensation. An attorney that confronts your situation with objectivity will prevent low settlement offers from being accepted. Instead, with a fact-based strategy, your settlement might rise in value as a consequence of the proof, research, preparation, and discussion set in place by an attorney.
- Court Preparations. If all else fails, visiting the courtroom armed with a strategy which will best suit your needs is exactly what the attorney should have ready for at first.
Bearing this in mind, take into account the entire objective of this is to make you whole again.
The End Result
If you want to acquire the greatest positive results in your vehicle accident claim, you’ll want to follow a number of these measures together with the maximum degree of care.
Therefore, you’ll need to consult with an attorney to know what the most effective steps are.
Working with an experienced accident lawyer may be the key that you desire if your situation has become complicated.
If you find your current offers are fair, then proceed without hiring an attorney.
However, selecting an attorney will bring aggressive and professional representation that will position your case for the very best compensation possible to bring back your life to normal as near as possible.
You’ll no longer have to worry about dealing with adjusters, negotiating, and handling the possibility of being taken advantage of. All you’ll need to do is worry about healing yourself and moving ahead from the instant that you work with an experienced attorney.
The Truth are that we Do Not Know the Details of Your Situation
But, we would like to help.
It is the main reason for the creation of Car Accident Relief and we would like to be able to assist you if we could.
It is why we’re offering free consultations to our first-time clients.
You’ll be able to:
- Discuss your options
- Find out if You’ve Got a case
- Determine how to best move forward|}
Fill out the form below to get help now.
Let us Help You.
What Happened to You?
P.S. Did you find this post useful for your situation? Tell us in the comments below.