How to Navigate Car Accident Cases in North Carolina and Position Yourself for Compensation
I will be honest, I have seen my fair share of automobile accidents (mostly in my teens and early twenties), and from”found my fair share”I mean around three.
My first injury was decided to be my fault from law enforcement officer and rightly so as I ran into another vehicle, for *drumroll please*…Following too closely, and breaking too late…. The front portion of my 1999 Nissan Altima was entirely totaled (and it was a miracle that the automobile was even repaired ).
My next accident was a hit and run with a man at a gas station where the other person scraped the side of my 2007 Ford Focus. I didn’t correctly monitor the license plate numbers, and so I had been at a loss.
Last, my last automobile crash included my 2007 Ford Focus, and as I did not understand my first lesson…. I ran into someone AGAIN…. And at a really dreamlike experience, I saw my vehicle which I worked so hard for, BURN.
I did walk from all of those events unscathed, however, I was not fully conscious of the laws put in place that might have compensated me in the event of an injury.
Nor was I bright enough to consult an attorney.
I WAS CLUELESS…
In 2018 I find myself working on Car Accident Relief, with the aim to answer a few critical questions you may be having in regard to your auto accident case.
Now, before we begin here’s a CAVEAT.
The advice on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site ought to be accepted as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Thus, please, I urge you:
- Use this site as a way to educate yourself as to your options
- BUT ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, talk to an lawyer to get the BEST legal advice possible on your situation.
With that being said, you may have a few questions in respect to your accident.
You may be facing accidents and you’re not certain why you’re not being entirely compensated.
You may be confused as to why you’re getting lowball offers from an insurance provider.
Once you realize how the law is organised in North Carolina, then you’ll have the ability to see why you’re getting your current settlement offers.
The truth of the situation is, you may require an experienced hand in your situation, or you might have to bring particular facts into lighting.
Listed below are a few questions we will reply on this page:
- What Can I do After a Car Accident? Imagine if I had been a Passenger?
- Should I see a physician after my auto accident?
- Do I need a lawyer after a car crash? (I wish I understood this concept)
- If I do want a lawyer, what can they do to me?
What Should I do After a Vehicle Accident?
- Call law enforcement.
- 1 error I have often seen posted in social media is that the authorities are never called in an crash. It then turns out that the defendant tells a different story about the particulars of the accident and then the insurance company won’t pay for damages.
- Together with the police on the scene, they can write a report which will be used as evidence. The officer will take down names, contact info, provide professional opinions, and write who’s at fault.
- Ultimately, these components will assist in filing your insurance claim, decide the method by which the insurance company will proceed forward, and will allow the insurance company to determine fault.
- Seek medical aid as soon as possible.
- Pain may surface the next day or within three days.
- Get contact information from the other driver and witnesses (if any).
- Going beyond contact information, focus on getting the insurance card information of another driver. You’ll want to be as detailed as possible to further protect yourself.
- If you can, take photos of the scene. Ensure that you take notes about what occurred while everything is still fresh on your mind.
- All are key details that may fade away in memory if not maintained somehow. It will help your case if you’re in a position to take photographs.
- Report the accident to your insurance provider.
- You’ll want to report your accident to your insurance company because it is part of your coverage. Do this as swiftly as possible and remember–you are not required to provide details. DO NOT admit fault or provide a recorded announcement currently. Await the signs to be made available.
However, what if you were the passenger of the car in an accident???
In this instance, you can submit a claim against the driver of the automobile and/or the driver of any other vehicle involved in the accident. If your claim is shown to be valid, you may have the ability to recover from the parties.
Should I still see a physician after my auto accident? What if I feel OK?
In several cases, adrenaline starts to rush throughout the body in the case of an auto accident. The adrenaline will blunt any pain that could arise as a consequence of an injury.
This is why it’s super critical to see a physician as soon as possible.
This is also another reason why you wish to hold off on telling any insurance company what symptoms you might have because you may not feel any.
Whiplash, concussions, and internal bleeding are all injuries that you could have lasted in an accident, and a doctor should check up on you to be sure your OK. Otherwise, you’ll need appropriate medical care to move forward.
Do I need a Lawyer After an automobile Collision?
Seeing as this is Car Accident Relief, you might be expecting a solid yes answer, and while I shall learn toward a yesI am also here to tell you NO. Yes, that’s right you don’t always need a car accident lawyer, however there are times when you should think about hiring one…
…For instance, let’s say that in your vehicle accident you only totaled your automobile and you don’t have any injuries. Well the insurance company might provide you with a reasonable settlement to replace your car or truck, and if that’s the case proceed. But if they are lowballing you then you might want to consider hiring an attorney.
An instance in which we highly recommend hiring an attorney is when you’ve received bodily injuries.
The total amount of your payout has to be higher. You want to get checked to see what injuries you’ve got, and you will need to incorporate a dollar figure on your settlement in case you learn that you will want to continue to visit the doctor.
The actual question here however is,”What can an crash attorney do for me?”
This is the secret.
An experienced accident Lawyer Should be Able do the following:
- they’ll handle all of : your paperwork, legal processes, and meet the statute of limitations deadline with proficiency. Taking all the paperwork and discussions out of YOUR picture will let you focus on something –RECOVERY.
- Work with an investigative team which could handle all of the technical aspects of your case. This isn’t always mandatory, and at times cases are simple. But in more severe instance hiring an investigative team in NC can establish your innocence, and/or show why you need to be compensated.
- Objectivity. It is important to examine a situation with facts rather than emotions. If you are personally concerned in a case, it is a lot more challenging to leave out all emotions.
- Communicate effectively with the insurance’s lawyers. An attorney will always know what has to be mentioned to some other attorney. Couple that with knowledge of this law, and it is a lot less difficult to take advantage of a lawyer.
- Maximum Compensation. A lawyer that confronts your case with objectivity will prevent low settlement supplies from being approved. Instead, with a fact-based approach, your settlement may increase in value as a consequence of the proof, study, preparation, and discussion set in place by an attorney.
- Court Preparations. If everything else fails, visiting the courtroom armed with a plan that will best suit your needs is exactly what the lawyer should have ready for at first.
Bearing this in mind, take into account that the whole goal of this is to make you whole again.
The End Result
If you want to get the greatest positive benefits in your car crash claim, you’ll want to follow many of these measures together with the highest degree of maintenance.
Therefore, you’ll need to consult with an attorney to understand what the best steps are.
Dealing with an experienced injury attorney can be the key that you need if your case has become complicated.
If you find your current offers are fair, then proceed without hiring an lawyer.
However, selecting an attorney will bring professional and aggressive representation which will position your case for the best compensation possible to bring your life back to normal as near as you can.
You will no longer have to be concerned about dealing with adjusters, negotiating, and dealing with the chance of being taken advantage of. All you’ll want to do is worry about healing yourself and moving forward from the moment that you work with a skilled attorney.
The Facts are that we Don’t Know the Details of Your Case
Regardless, we want to help.
It’s the reason for the production of Car Accident Relief and we want to be able to assist you if we could.
It’s why we’re offering free consultations to our would-be clients.
You will be able to:
- Discuss Your Choices
- Find out if You’ve Got a case
- Determine how to best move forward|}
Fill out the form below to get help now.
Let us Help You.
What Happened to You?
P.S. Did you find this post helpful for your case? Let us know in the comments below.