The Way to Navigate Car Crash Cases in North Carolina and Position Yourself for Compensation
I’ll be honest, I have seen my fair share of car accidents (mostly in my teens and early twenties), and by”found my fair share”, I mean around three.
My first injury was decided to be my fault by law enforcement officer and so as I ran into another vehicle, for *drumroll please*…After too tightly, and breaking too late…. The front part of my 1999 Nissan Altima was entirely totaled (and it was a wonder that the car was even fixed).
My second accident was a hit and run with a man at a gas station at which the other man scraped the side of my 2007 Ford Focus. I didn’t accurately monitor the license plate numbers, and so I was at a loss.
Lastly, my final automobile crash involved my 2007 Ford Focus, and as I didn’t understand my first lesson…. I ran into a person AGAIN…. And at a really dreamlike experience, I saw my car which I worked so hard for, BURN.
I did walk out of all those events unscathed, however, I was not fully conscious of the laws set in place that might have compensated me in the case of an injury.
Nor was I smart enough to consult with an attorney.
I WAS CLUELESS…
In 2018 I find myself working on Car Accident Relief, with the intention to answer a few critical questions you may be getting in regard to your automobile incident claim.
Now, before we get started here’s a BIG CAVEAT.
The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this website ought to be accepted as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing doesn’t constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
So, please, I recommend you:
- Use this site as a way to educate yourself as to your choices
- BUT ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, talk to an attorney to find the BEST legal advice possible on your own situation.
With that being said, you may have a few queries in regard to your accident.
You may be facing accidents and you’re not sure why you are not being entirely compensated.
You could be confused as to why you’re getting lowball offers from an insurance provider.
Once you realize how in which the law is organised in North Carolina, then you will have the ability to see why you are getting your present settlement offers.
The truth of this situation is, you might need an experienced hand on your situation, or you might need to bring certain facts into light.
Here are a few questions we will answer on this page:
- What Should I do Following a Car Accident? Imagine if I was a Passenger?
- Should I see a doctor after my auto accident? What if I feel OK? (This is Super Important)
- Do I need a lawyer after a car crash? (I wish I understood this one)
- If I do want an attorney, what can they do for me?
What Can I do After a Vehicle Collision?
- Contact law enforcement.
- One error I’ve often seen posted in social media is that the police are never called in an accident. It then turns out that the defendant lies about the details of the accident and as a result the insurance company will not cover for damages.
- With the police on the scenethey can write a report that will be used as evidence.
- Ultimately, these elements will help in filing your insurance claim, determine the method by which the insurance company will proceed forward, and certainly will permit the insurance company to determine fault.
- Seek medical help as quickly as possible.
- You never know what injuries you may have sustained, even if you feel no pain right away. Pain may surface the following day or over three days.
- Get contact information from the other driver and witnesses (if any).
- Going beyond contact information, work on getting the insurance card info of another driver. You will want to be as detailed as you possibly can further protect yourself.
- If it is possible, take pictures of the scene. Ensure that you take notes about what happened while it’s still fresh on your mind.
- All are key details that may fade out in memory if not maintained in some way. It will help your case if you’re in a position to take photos.
- Report the accident to your insurance provider.
- You’ll want to report your accident to your insurer because it’s part of your coverage. Do this as swiftly as possible and remember–you are not required to provide specifics. DO NOT admit fault or give a recorded statement at this time. Wait for the signs to be made accessible.
However, what if you were the passenger of the vehicle in an accident???
In this example, you may submit a claim against the driver of the car and/or the driver of any other automobile involved in the crash. If your claim is shown to be legitimate, you could have the ability to recuperate from the parties.
Should I see a physician after my auto accident?
In many cases, adrenaline begins to rush through the body in the case of a car accident. The adrenaline will dull any pain which may arise as a consequence of an injury.
This is the reason it’s super crucial to visit a physician as soon as possible.
This is also another reason why you want to hold off on telling any insurance company what signs you might have because you may not believe any.
Whiplash, concussions, and internal bleeding are injuries you could have sustained in an accident, and a physician needs to check up on you to be sure your OK. If not, you’ll want proper medical services to proceed forward.
Do I need an Attorney After a car Collision?
Seeing as this is Car Accident Relief, you might be expecting a solid yes answer, and while I will learn toward a yesI am also here to tell you NO. Yes, that is right you do not always need a car incident attorney, but there are times when you should consider hiring one…
…For instance, let us say that in your vehicle accident you only totaled your automobile and you have no injuries. The insurance provider might provide you with a reasonable settlement to replace your vehicle, and if that is the case proceed. However, if they’re lowballing you then you may want to think about hiring an lawyer.
An example in which we highly recommend hiring an attorney is when you have obtained bodily injuries.
The total amount of your payout has to be higher. You want to get checked to see what harms you’ve got, and you’ll need to include a dollar figure in your settlement in case you find out that you’ll need to continue to visit the physician.
The actual question here though is,”What can an accident attorney do for me?”
This is the secret.
A skilled accident Lawyer Should be Able do the following:
- They will handle all of : your paperwork, legal processes, and meet the statute of limitations deadline with competence. Taking all the paperwork and negotiations out of YOUR picture will let you focus on something –RECOVERY.
- Work with an investigative team which could handle all the technical aspects of your case. This is not always necessary, and sometimes cases are straightforward. But in more severe instance hiring an investigative team in NC can establish your innocence, and/or show why you have to be compensated.
- Objectivity. It’s crucial to examine a case with facts rather than emotions. If you’re personally involved in a case, it is a lot more challenging to leave all emotions out.
- Communicate effectively with all the insurance’s lawyers. An attorney will always know what needs to be said to some other lawyer. Couple that with understanding of the law, and it is a lot less challenging to make the most of an attorney.
- Maximum Compensation. An attorney that confronts your case with objectivity will stop low settlement offers from being accepted. Instead, using a fact-based strategy, your settlement may increase in value as a consequence of the proof, study, preparation, and negotiation set in place by a lawyer.
- Court Preparations. If everything else fails, going to the courtroom armed with a plan that will best fit your needs is exactly what the lawyer should have ready for in the beginning.
Bearing this in mind, take into account that the whole goal of this is to make you whole again.
The Bottom Line
If you want to get the highest favorable results in your car accident claim, you are going to want to follow a number of these steps together with the highest level of care.
Therefore, you ought to talk to an lawyer to understand what the best steps are.
Dealing with an experienced accident attorney may be the key that you need if your case is becoming complex.
If you realize your current offers are honest, then proceed without hiring an lawyer.
However, selecting a lawyer will bring professional and aggressive representation that will position your case for the best compensation possible to bring back your life to normal as near as possible.
You’ll no longer have to worry about dealing with adjusters, negotiating, and dealing with the chance of being taken advantage of. All you’ll need to do is worry about healing yourself and moving ahead from the moment that you work with a skilled attorney.
The Facts are that we Don’t Know the Details of Your Case
Regardless, we would like to help.
It is the main reason behind the creation of Car Accident Relief and we want to have the ability to assist you if we can.
It is why we’re offering free consultations to our would-be clients.
You’ll be able to:
- Discuss Your Choices
- Find out when you have a situation
- Determine how to best proceed |}
Fill out the form below for help now.
Let us Help You.
What Happened to You?
P.S. Did you find this article useful for your case? Let us know in the comments below.