How to Navigate Car Crash Cases in North Carolina and Position Yourself for Compensation
I will be honest, I’ve seen my fair share of automobile accidents (largely in my teens and early twenties), and from”seen my fair share”I mean around three.
My first accident was decided to be my fault by law enforcement officer and so like I ran into another car, for *drumroll please*…Following too tightly, and breaking too late…. The front part of my 1999 Nissan Altima was completely totaled (and it was a miracle that the automobile was even repaired ).
My next injury was a hit and run with a guy at a gas station at which the other person scraped the side of my 2007 Ford Focus. I didn’t correctly monitor the license plate numbers, so I had been at a loss.
Lastly, my final car accident involved my 2007 Ford Focus, and as I did not understand my first lesson…. I ran into a person AGAIN…. And at a very dreamlike experience, I watched my car that I worked so hard for, BURN.
I did walk from all those events unscathed, but I wasn’t fully aware of the laws put in place that could have paid me in the event of an accident.
Nor was I bright enough to consult with a lawyer.
I WAS CLUELESS…
Now, in 2018 I find myself working on Car Accident Relief, with the aim to answer several critical questions that you may be getting in respect to your auto incident case.
Now, before we begin here’s a BIG CAVEAT.
The advice on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site ought to be accepted as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information isn’t meant to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
So, please, I recommend you:
- Use this website as a way to inform yourself as to your choices
- BUT ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, talk to an attorney to find the BEST legal advice possible on your own situation.
With that being said, you may have a few questions in regard to your accident.
You might be facing injuries and you’re not certain why you’re not being completely compensated.
You may be confused as to why you are getting lowball offers from an insurance company.
As soon as you understand the way in which the law is structured in North Carolina, you’ll be able to see why you are getting your present settlement offers.
The truth of the situation is, you may need an seasoned hand on your situation, or you may have to bring particular facts in to lighting.
Listed below are a few questions we will reply on this page:
- What Should I do After a Car Accident? Imagine if I was a Passenger?
- Should I see a doctor after my auto accident? (This is Super Important)
- Do I need an attorney following a car accident? (I wish I knew this one)
- If I do need a lawyer, what can they do for me?
What Can I do After a car Accident?
- Call law enforcement.
- 1 error I’ve often seen posted in social media is that the authorities are never called in an crash. It then turns out that the defendant tells a different story about the details of the crash and then the insurance company will not cover for damages.
- Together with the police on the scene, they can write a report which will be used as evidence. The officer will take down names, contact info, provide professional opinions, and write WHO is at fault.
- Ultimately, these components will assist in filing your insurance claim, determine how the insurance company will move forward, and certainly will permit the insurance company to ascertain fault.
- Seek medical help as soon as possible.
- You never know what injuries you may have sustained, even if you feel no pain straight away. Pain may surface the next day or within three days.
- Get contact information from another driver and witnesses (if there are any).
- Going past contact info, focus on obtaining the insurance card information of another driver. You’ll want to be as comprehensive as possible to further protect yourself.
- If you can, take photos of the scene. Ensure that you take notes about what happened while it’s still fresh on your mind.
- All are crucial details that may fade out in memory if not preserved in some way. It will help your situation if you are able to take photographs.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- You’ll want to report your injury to your insurer because it is part of your policy. Do so as quickly as possible and remember–you are not obligated to give details. DO NOT acknowledge fault or provide a recorded statement currently. Wait for the evidence to be made accessible.
But what if you were the passenger of the car in an accident???
In this example, you may file a claim against the driver of the car or the driver of any other automobile involved in the accident. If your claim is shown to be valid, you may have the ability to recover from the parties.
Should I still see a doctor after my car accident? What if I feel OK?
In several instances, adrenaline begins to rush throughout the body in the event of an auto accident. The adrenaline will blunt any pain that may arise as a result of an injury.
That is the reason it’s super crucial to visit a physician as soon as possible.
That is also another reason why you want to hold off on telling any insurer what signs you might have because you may not feel any.
Whiplash, concussions, and internal bleeding are injuries you might have lasted in an crash, and a doctor needs to check up on you to make sure your OK. If not, you’re going to want appropriate medical care to proceed forward.
Do I need an Attorney Following an automobile Accident?
Seeing as this is Auto Accident Relief, you may be anticipating a solid yes answer, and while I shall learn toward a yesI am also here to tell you NO. Yes, that is right you do not always require a car incident lawyer, but there are instances when you should think about hiring one…
…For instance, let us say that in your vehicle injury you just totaled your automobile and you have no injuries. Well the insurance company might offer you a reasonable settlement to replace your car or truck, and if that’s the case go ahead. But if they’re lowballing then you might want to think about hiring an attorney.
An example where we highly recommend hiring a lawyer is when you have received bodily injuries.
The amount of your payout needs to be higher. You want to get checked to see what injuries you’ve got, and you will need to incorporate a dollar figure on your settlement in case you find out that you’ll need to continue to see the physician.
The real question here however is,”What can an crash attorney do to me?”
This is the key.
A skilled accident Lawyer Should be Able do the following:
- They will handle all of : your paperwork, legal procedures, and fulfill the statute of limitations deadline with proficiency. Taking all the paperwork and negotiations from YOUR picture will let you focus on something –RECOVERY.
- Work with an investigative team which can handle all of the technical aspects of your case. This is not always mandatory, and at times cases are simple. But in more severe instance hiring an investigative staff in NC can prove your innocence, and/or show why you have to get compensated.
- Objectivity. It’s crucial to examine a case with facts rather than emotions. If you are personally involved in a scenario, it is a lot more difficult to leave out all emotions.
- Communicate effectively with all the insurance’s lawyers. A lawyer will always know what needs to be said to another attorney. Couple that with knowledge of the law, and it is a good deal less difficult to take advantage of a lawyer.
- Maximum Compensation. A lawyer that faces your case with objectivity will stop low settlement supplies from being approved. Instead, using a fact-based strategy, your settlement may rise in value as a result of the proof, research, preparation, and discussion set in place by an attorney.
- Court Preparations. If everything else fails, going to the courtroom armed with a plan which will best fit your needs is what the attorney must have prepared for in the beginning.
With this in mind, take into consideration that the entire objective of this is to make you whole again.
The End Result
If you want to acquire the greatest favorable results in your car crash claim, you’ll want to follow many of these steps with the highest degree of care.
For this reason, you’ll need to talk to an lawyer to understand what the best steps would be.
Dealing with an experienced injury lawyer can be the key which you desire if your situation is becoming complex.
If you realize that your current offers are fair, then proceed without hiring an lawyer.
However, hiring an attorney will attract professional and aggressive representation that will position your case for the best compensation possible to bring back your life to normal as close as you can.
You will no longer need to worry about dealing with adjusters, negotiating, and dealing with the chance of being taken advantage of. All you will want to do is worry about healing yourself and moving forward from the moment that you work with a skilled attorney.
The Facts are that we Do Not Know the Details of Your Case
But, we want to help.
It’s the reason for the creation of Car Accident Relief and we would like to have the ability to assist you if we could.
It’s why we’re offering free consultations to our would-be clients.
You will be able to:
- Discuss your options
- Find out if You’ve Got a case
- Determine how to best move forward|}
Fill out the form on the best for help now.
P.S. Did you find this post useful for your case? Tell us in the comments below.