The Way to Navigate Car Accident Cases in North Carolina and Position Yourself for Compensation
I’ll be honest, I have seen my fair share of automobile accidents (largely in my teens and early twenties), and from”seen my fair share”, I mean about three.
My first accident was decided to be my fault from law enforcement officer and so as I ran into another car, for *drumroll please*…Following too closely, and breaking too late…. The front part of my 1999 Nissan Altima was completely totaled (and it was a miracle that the automobile was even fixed).
My second injury was a hit and run with a man at a gas station where the other man scraped the side of my 2007 Ford Focus. I didn’t accurately monitor the license plate numbers, so I had been at a loss.
Lastly, my final automobile accident included my 2007 Ford Focus, and as I did not understand my first lesson…. I ran into someone AGAIN…. And at a really surreal experience, I watched my vehicle which I worked so hard for, BURN.
Now, I did walk from all those events unscathed, but I was not fully conscious of the laws put in place that might have compensated me in the event of an injury.
Nor was I smart enough to consult a lawyer.
I WAS CLUELESS…
Now, in 2018 I find myself working on Car Accident Relief, with the aim to answer several critical questions that you might be having in respect to your auto incident claim.
Now, before we get started here’s a BIG CAVEAT.
The information on this site is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site ought to be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Thus, please, I recommend you:
- Use this website as a way to educate yourself as to your choices
- BUT ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS, talk to an attorney to get the BEST legal advice possible in your situation.
With that said, you may have a few questions in regard to your injury.
You may be facing injuries and you’re not certain why you are not being completely compensated.
You may be confused as to why you’re getting lowball supplies from an insurance company.
Once you realize how in which the law is structured in North Carolina, you’ll have the ability to see why you are getting your current settlement offers.
The reality of this situation is, you may need an experienced hand on your situation, or you may have to bring certain facts in to light.
Listed below are a some of the questions we will reply on this page:
- What Should I do Following a Car Accident? Imagine if I had been a Passenger?
- Should I still see a doctor after my auto accident? (This is Super Important)
- Do I need an attorney after a car accident? (I wish I knew this one)
- If I do need a lawyer, what can they do for me?
What Should I do After a car Collision?
- Call law enforcement.
- 1 mistake I have often seen posted in social media is that the police are not called in an accident. It then turns out that the defendant tells a different story in the details of the accident and as a result the insurance company will not pay for damages.
- Together with the police on the scene, they can write a report that will be used as evidence. The officer will take down names, contact info, give professional opinions, and write who’s at fault.
- Finally, these components will assist in filing your insurance coverage, determine the method by which the insurance company will move forward, and will permit the insurance company to determine fault.
- Seek medical help as quickly as possible.
- Pain may surface the following day or within three days.
- Get contact information from the other driver and witnesses (if there are any).
- Going past contact info, work on getting the insurance card information of another driver. You will want to be as detailed as you possibly can further protect yourself.
- If it is possible, take photos of the scene. Ensure that you take notes about what happened while everything is still fresh in your mind.
- A guy with a blue suit, a red car, and the gas station nearby. All are key details that can fade away in memory if not preserved somehow. This will help your case if you are in a position to take photos.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- you will need to report your accident to your insurer because it’s a part of your policy. Do this as swiftly as possible and remember–you are not obligated to provide specifics. DO NOT acknowledge fault or give a recorded statement at this time. Wait for the signs to be made accessible.
However, what if you’re the passenger of the vehicle in an accident???
In this instance, you can submit a claim against the driver of the automobile and/or the driver of any other automobile involved in the accident. If your claim is shown to be valid, you could be able to recover from the parties.
Should I see a doctor after my auto accident?
In several cases, adrenaline starts to rush through the body in the event of a car accident. The adrenaline will dull any pain that may arise as a result of an injury.
This is why it’s super crucial to see a physician as soon as possible.
This is also another reason why you want to hold off telling any insurance company what symptoms you might have because you may not believe any.
Whiplash, concussions, and internal bleeding are injuries that you could have sustained in an accident, and a doctor should check up on you to make sure your OK. If not, you’ll need appropriate medical services to move forward.
Do I need a Lawyer Following a car Accident?
Seeing as this is Car Accident Relief, you might be expecting a solid yes response, and while I will learn toward a yesI am also here to tell you NO. Yes, that’s right you don’t always require a car accident attorney, but there are times when you should think about hiring one…
…For example, let us say that in your vehicle accident you just totaled your vehicle and you don’t have any injuries. The insurance provider might offer you a fair settlement to replace your vehicle, and if that’s the case proceed. But if they’re lowballing then you might want to think about hiring an attorney.
An instance where we highly recommend hiring an attorney is when you’ve obtained bodily injuries.
The total amount of your payout has to be higher. You need to get checked to see what harms you’ve got, and you will need to incorporate a dollar figure on your settlement if you learn that you will need to continue to visit the doctor.
The real question here though is,”What can an accident attorney do for me?”
This is the secret.
An experienced accident Lawyer Should be Able do the following:
- they’ll deal with all of : your paperwork, legal procedures, and meet the statute of limitations deadline together with proficiency. Taking all the paperwork and negotiations out of YOUR picture will allow you to focus on something –RECOVERY.
- Work with an investigative team that could handle all of the technical facets of your case. This isn’t always necessary, and at times cases are simple. However, in more acute case hiring an investigative team in NC can establish your innocence, and/or show why you have to be compensated.
- Objectivity. It’s crucial to examine a situation with facts rather than emotions. If you are personally involved in a scenario, it is a lot more challenging to leave out all emotions.
- Communicate effectively with all the insurance’s attorneys. A lawyer will always know what has to be said to some other lawyer. Couple that with understanding of this law, and it is a good deal less challenging to make the most of a lawyer.
- Maximum Compensation. An attorney that faces your case with objectivity will stop low settlement offers from being approved. Rather, with a fact-based approach, your settlement may rise in value as a result of the evidence, study, preparation, and negotiation set in place by a lawyer.
- Court Preparations. If everything else fails, visiting the court armed using a plan that will best fit your needs is exactly what the lawyer should have prepared for at first.
Turning Tragedy into Triumph
If you would like to acquire the highest positive results in your vehicle accident claim, you’ll want to follow many of these steps together with the maximum degree of maintenance.
Therefore, you’ll need to consult with an lawyer to know what the best steps are.
Working with an experienced injury lawyer can be the key which you desire if your case is becoming complicated.
If you find your existing offers are honest, then proceed without hiring an attorney.
However, hiring an attorney will bring aggressive and professional representation which will position your case for the best compensation possible to bring back your life to normal as near as you can.
You’ll no longer need to be concerned about dealing with adjusters, negotiating, and dealing with the chance of being cared for. All you will want to do is worry about curing yourself and moving forward from the instant that you work with an experienced attorney.
The Truth are that we Don’t Know the Details of Your Situation
But, we would like to help.
It’s the main reason behind the creation of Car Accident Relief and we would like to be able to assist you if we can.
It is why we’re offering free consultations to our would-be clients.
You will be able to:
- Discuss your options
- Find out if you have a situation
- Determine how to best move forward|}
Fill out the form below for help today.
Let us Help You.
What Happened to You?
P.S. Did you find this post helpful to your case? Tell us in the comments below.